Join us in Helping to Increase Academic Achievement and Outcomes for Students
What is Site Council?
The Site Council is a committee of teachers, staff, parents, students and community members which supports site-based decision making to increase academic outcomes for our students. MPS values family and community members as active partners in reviewing funding, policies, practices and programs at our schools. Site Councils are a way that parents and community members can learn what is happening in their school and influence decisions. It is important for Site Councils to reflect the student population of the schools to ensure a diversity of ideas and input. These are some common activities that the Site Council does to increase student achievement:
- Advise the school principal on school-based decisions.
- Review and advise the school staff on the School Improvement Plans (SIP) which outlines specific goals the school will achieve to increase academic outcomes for students.
- Review and help develop the Family Involvement Plan (FIP).
- Review and provide guidance on the use of Title I funds and Compensatory Revenue to ensure it is being used as intended and in a way that increases outcomes.
- Advise the principal on the use of the school budget to ensure that the goals outlined in the SIP are achieved.
- Communicate with the school community about what is happening at Site Council and other things affecting the school.
- Hosting a meeting with the full school community about what is happening at the school and taking in advice and ideas on how to continue to improve outcomes for all students.
Hall's Site Council meets virtually on the first Thursday of every month from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Meeting link is below.) We'd love for you to join us! If you are interested in serving on Hall's Site Council, please contact Rachel Stewart, Parent Liaison, at 612-987-9390 or Rachel.Stewart@mpls.k12.mn.us.
Upcoming Site Council Meetings:
February 4, 2021
March 4, 2021
April 1, 2021
May 6, 2021
June 3, 2021
Hall Site Council Google Meet Link